Situated in a uniquely elevated position, surrounded by natural grasslands, thornveld and farmlands, Tanglethorn Estate combines the advantages of a modern lifestyle with the ambience of farm living.
Drawing inspiration from the early farmhouses of Natal, the Planning and Design Code is aimed at enhancing your country lifestyle through its architecture and ensuring that each home blends in with the Tanglethorn style. This still allows the owner room to maintain the individuality of their home while creating a harmonious, visually pleasing environment. Green building practices are encouraged.
The Tanglethorn Design
A development footprint limited to 1000m² on a specified location within the stand.
• Wide verandas on at least one side of the house
• Classic, proportionate principles
• Green corrugated sheet roofing
• Large windows, including sash and false sash styling
• Touches of sandstone cladding
• Height restrictions resulting in split levels homes, where the slope allows.
Wherever possible, mature indigenous trees and vegetation are retained and incorporated into the general plan for the stand.
All final designs and plans of the total development on each residential stand must be submitted to the Home Owners Association for approval.